Need help with something specific?
You will work one on one with an instructor to increase your skill level and your confidence. Sessions will be geared toward the skills you feel you need practice or guidance on such as pistol instruction and maintenance, marksmanship, proper grip, proper stance, clearing stoppages and malfunctions, etc.
This is for 2 hours and the cost is $50.
Florida Concealed Carry Weapons or Firearms Certification
Want to apply for your concealed Carry Permit?
The goal of these courses is to satisfy the requirements of FS 790.06 to apply for your concealed carry permit.
This class meets the requirements necessary for students to apply for their Florida conceal carry permit. This course consists of two (2) parts:
Classroom- During this time we will discuss:
- Firearm safety
- Firing sequence of a cartridge
- Pistol shooting fundamentals
- Where you can and can’t carry concealed
- Different ways you can carry
- Places you can open carry
- Having to draw your firearm
- What is considered a weapon
Range- This will include a live-fire exercise where you will demonstrate comprehension and application of the gun safety rules and proper firearms handling.
This course is approximately 3 hours long and the cost is $65.
New to pistol shooting?
The goal of this course is to teach the beginner the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude for safely owning and operating a pistol.
The Basic Pistol course consist of two (2) sessions:
- gun safety rules
- types of pistols
- proper operation of revolvers and semi-automatic pistols
- ammunition knowledge and selection
- selecting and storing a pistol
- the fundamentals of shooting
- clearing stoppages
- pistol shooting errors
- pistol inspection and maintenance.
- demonstrate comprehension and application of gun safety rules
- range protocol
- proper handling
- loading and unloading procedures
- application of pistol shooting fundamentals
- stable shooting positions
- live fire
- shooting a final qualification.
When the entire course is completed, you can schedule with your instructor to return to the classroom or range, if you wish to continue building your confidence and better marksmanship skills.
This class is approximately 8 hours long and the cost $110
Refuse to be a Victim
Situational awareness is one of the most important preventative measure you can take.
The goal of this course is to teach strategies that you can integrate into you everyday life to avoid becoming a victim of crime.
This is NOT a firearms instruction course and does NOT include instruction in physical combat self-defense. This course teaches common weaknesses that criminals may take advantage of, and a variety of corrective measures that are practical, inexpensive, and easy to follow. This course will also include:
- instruction on criminal psychology
- automobile crimes
- cyber safety
- home security
- a variety of crime prevention strategies
- carjacking avoidance techniques
- use of personal safety devices
- and more
- This class is approximately 3 hours long and the cost is $25
Defensive Pistol Shooting
Have you developed a defensive mindset?
The goal of the course is to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary to carry and use a concealed pistol ethically, responsibly and with confidence.
This course will cover:
- How to apply the Rules for Safe Gun Handling when carrying a concealed firearm
- basic principles of concealment
- the difference between cover and concealment
- drawing from the holster
- levels of mental awareness
- developing the proper mindset when using a pistol for personal protection
- clearing common stoppages
- use of pocket pistols
- and more.
This course is approximately 10 hours long and is $250
Personal Protection in the Home
Do you have a home safety plan?
This course teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude essential to the safe and efficient use of a handgun for protection of self and family, and provides information on the law-abiding individual’s right to self-defense.
Students will learn:
- basic defensive shooting skills
- strategies for home safety
- strategies for responding to a violent confrontation
- firearms and the law
- how to choose a handgun for self-defense
Prerequisite: Beginner Pistol
This course is approximately 8 hours long and the cost is $150
Personal Protection Outside the Home
What would you do if you were confronted by an attacker?
This course teaches students the knowledge, skills and attitude essential for avoiding dangerous confrontations and for the safe, effective and responsible use of a concealed pistol for self-defense outside the home.
This course is divided into two levels and offers the essential knowledge and skills that must be mastered in order to carry, store, and use a firearm safely and effectively for personal protection outside the home. Students will spend several hours on the range.
Prerequisite: Personal Protection in the Home
This course is approximately 14 hours long and the cost is $250
Check out our upcoming classes!
By Appointment Only
Certified Firearms Instructor:
- Iser Defense-
266 Turner Rd
East Palatka, Fl 32131
Serving the Putnam County area:
Palatka - East Palatka - Bardin - Crescent City - Florahome - Fruitland - Georgetown - Hollister - Huntington - Interlachen - Lake Como - Melrose - Orange Mills - Pomona Park - Putnam Hall - San Mateo - Satsuma - Welatka - Hawthorne - Orange Springs - Grandin
Seville - Hastings - Elkton - St Augustine - Ponde Vedra - Jacksonville - Bunnell - Deland - Green Cove - Middleburg - Keystone Heights - Palm Coast - Salt Springs -
Beginner Pistol - Concealed Carry Certification - Defensive Shooting - Personalized Training - Situational Awareness