- This event has passed.
March 3 @ 11:00 am - 6:00 pm$110
New to pistol shooting?
The goal of this course is to teach the beginner the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude for safely owning and operating a pistol.
The Basic Pistol course consist of two (2) sessions:
- During the classroom portion, you will learn:
- gun safety rules
- types of pistols
- proper operation of revolvers and semi-automatic pistols
- ammunition knowledge and selection
- selecting and storing a pistol
- the fundamentals of shooting
- clearing stoppages
- pistol shooting errors
- pistol inspection and maintenance.
- During the range portion, you will:
- demonstrate comprehension and application of gun safety rules
- range protocol
- proper handling
- loading and unloading procedures
- application of pistol shooting fundamentals
- stable shooting positions
- live fire