Defensive Pistol Shooting 1
What would you do if you were confronted by an attacker?
We are working hard to accommodate social distancing and enact safety protocols during these unfamiliar times, therefore our classes will be held on a private basis that fits your schedule, and the classes will be held outside.
What would you do if you were attacked in a parking lot? Shooting at the range and shooting during a stressful, defensive situation are two completely different circumstances. Continuous training is extremely important in surviving a tense shooting situation. The Defensive Pistol Shooting 1 class is designed for current Concealed Carry permit holders who would like to refine their defensive shooting skills in a realistic manner that specifically addresses concealed carry issues.
The Defensive Pistol Shooting 1 class is designed around the safe and effective use of a concealed, semi-automatic pistol for self-defense while away from home, and introduces fundamental tactics for defensive pistol shooting under stressful conditions. Students must present the proper attitude and responsibility towards safety and the use of their firearm at all times.
The Defensive Pistol Shooting 1 class is not a beginner class, and does require firearm experience, therefore, taking our Home Defense class, Florida Concealed Carry class, or having a current, valid Florida Concealed Weapons permit is a prerequisite to taking the Defensive Pistol Shooting 1 class.
Topics covered in the Defensive Pistol Shooting class include:
- A review of the rules of firearm safety and proper handling
- Criminal psychology and thought processes
- Techniques to help avoid dangerous confrontations
- Having a concealed carry, and a defensive mindset
- The difference between home defense and self-defense away from home
- Mentally preparing for stressful situations- fight or flight instead of freeze
- Preparing for the worst case scenario
- Responding to a criminal confrontation, as well as defensive use of a handgun
- Firearm presentation from concealment, including from under a shirt or jacket
- Various concealed carry and holsters options
- Understanding effective trigger reset
- Loading and unloading your firearm
- Balancing both speed and precision
- Tactical reloads VS emergency reloads
- Clearing firearm malfunctions
- Defensive shooting techniques
- Different shooting positions
- Cover VS concealment
- Shooting from cover
- Shooting while moving
- Engaging multiple assailants
- How to communicate with 911 as well as responding emergency personnel
The gear we recommend for the Defensive Shooting 1 Class is:
- a serviceable, semi-automatic handgun
- At least 2 spare magazines
- A good quality holster with proper retention- NO shoulder holsters, please
- A proper belt to support your holster
- Magazine holster
- Britches with belt loops... to support your holster
- 300 rounds of Ammunition
- Ear Protection
- Eye protection
We also recommend that you:
- Bring Sunscreen and bug spray
- Bring water, a lunch and snacks
- Wear clothing suitable for Florida weather
- Don’t wear low-cut shirts
- Wear closed-toed shoes
Our Defensive Pistol Shooting 1 class sizes are limited so that we can insure you receive individual and personalized instruction and guidance throughout your defensive pistol shooting training. At the end of your Defensive Pistol Shooting 1 class, you can schedule with your instructor to return to the classroom or range, if you wish to continue building your confidence and better your marksmanship skills with our Defensive Pistol Shooting 2 class
The Defensive Pistol Shooting 1 class is approximately 12 hours long and the cost is $250. This class can be separated into two consecutive 6 hour days.
Our Classes are held at the Ascot Shooting Club in East Palatka, Putnam County, Florida. Preregistration is required.
- Iser Defense-
266 Turner Rd
East Palatka, Fl 32131
(by appointment only)
Serving the Putnam County area:
Palatka - East Palatka - Bardin - Crescent City - Florahome - Fruitland - Georgetown - Hollister - Huntington - Interlachen - Lake Como - Melrose - Orange Mills - Pomona Park - Putnam Hall - San Mateo - Satsuma - Welatka - Hawthorne - Orange Springs - Grandin
Seville - Hastings - Elkton - St Augustine - Ponde Vedra - Jacksonville - Bunnell - Deland - Green Cove - Middleburg - Keystone Heights - Palm Coast - Salt Springs -
Beginner Pistol - Beginner Rifle - Concealed Carry Certification - Defensive Shooting - Personalized Training - Situational Awareness