Do you have a home defense plan in place to survive a home invasion?
We are working hard to accommodate social distancing and enact safety protocols during these unfamiliar times, therefore our class sizes will be limited and the classes will be held outside.
What would you do if an intruder was in your home? Having a plan is the most important preparation a homeowner can take to maximize surviving a home invasion. The goal of the Home Defense class is to help you develop a home protection plan, as well as teach preventative measures and reinforcement tactics to reduce the chance of break-ins.
Violent crimes are not limited to certain neighborhoods. violence knows no borders, and can happen anywhere and at anytime. These preventative measures will make your home and your surroundings a safer place for you and your family.
Topics covered in this class include:
- Designing a family/home emergency protection plan
- The criminals' mindset and thought process
- Making your home secure and defensible
- Deterrents that will make your home less attractive to criminals
- Strategic and safe gun placement and storage
- How to communicate with family during stressful situations
- How to maneuver through hallways, doorways, and stairways
- Mental preparation- fight or flight instead of freeze.
- Furniture and other items that provide cover vs concealment
- Shooting techniques that aid in home defense
- Designating, and preparing a safe room
- How to communicate with 911 as well as responding emergency personnel
The gear we recommend for the Home Defense Class is:
- Ear Protection
- Eye protection
- Layout of your homes floor plan
We also recommend that you:
- Bring Sunscreen and bug spray
- Bring water, a lunch and snacks
- Wear clothing suitable for Florida weather
- Don’t wear low-cut shirts
- Wear closed-toed shoes
Our Home Defense class sizes are limited so that we can insure you receive individual and personalized instruction and guidance throughout your home defense training. At the end of your Home Defense class, you can schedule with your instructor to return to the classroom or range, if you wish to continue building your confidence and better your marksmanship skills.
The Home Defense training class is approximately 6 hours long and the cost is $150.
Our Classes are held at the Ascot Shooting Club in East Palatka, Florida. Preregistration is required.
- Iser Defense-
266 Turner Rd
East Palatka, Fl 32131
(by appointment only)
Serving the Putnam County area:
Palatka - East Palatka - Bardin - Crescent City - Florahome - Fruitland - Georgetown - Hollister - Huntington - Interlachen - Lake Como - Melrose - Orange Mills - Pomona Park - Putnam Hall - San Mateo - Satsuma - Welatka - Hawthorne - Orange Springs - Grandin
Seville - Hastings - Elkton - St Augustine - Ponde Vedra - Jacksonville - Bunnell - Deland - Green Cove - Middleburg - Keystone Heights - Palm Coast - Salt Springs -
Beginner Pistol - Beginner Rifle - Concealed Carry Certification - Defensive Shooting - Personalized Training - Situational Awareness