Florida Concealed Carry Class
Our Florida Concealed Weapons Class is the first step of applying for your Florida Concealed Weapon License. To qualify for a Florida Concealed Carry Permit, Florida law requires for you to submit proof of competency in safely operating and discharging a firearm. The goal of our Florida concealed carry class is to satisfy the Florida requirements (FS 790.06) necessary for you to apply for your Florida CCW permit.
We are working hard to accommodate social distancing and enact safety protocols during these unfamiliar times, therefore our class sizes will be limited and the classes will be held outside. – Private classes are available, Click HERE
Our Florida Concealed Weapons Class is the first step of applying for your Florida Concealed Weapon License. To qualify for a Florida Concealed Carry Permit, Florida law requires for you to submit proof of competency in safely operating and discharging a firearm. The goal of our Florida concealed carry class is to satisfy the Florida requirements (FS 790.06) necessary to apply for your Florida CCW permit. A gun (suppressed .22) and ammunition is provided for the class.
The Florida CCW class consists of two (2) sessions:
During the Classroom Session of our Florida Concealed Weapons Class we will discuss.
- Current Florida Law
- Gun safety
- Basic firearm mechanics and operations
- Pistol shooting fundamentals:
- breathe control
- trigger control
- sight picture and sight alignment
- follow through
- Where you can and can’t carry concealed
- Different ways you can conceal carry
- Places and times you can open carry
- Transporting a firearm with and without a permit
- Having to draw your firearm
- What is considered a concealed weapon
The Firing Range Session of our Florida Concealed Carry Class:
This is the live-fire portion of the class where the student will demonstrate:
- Competency with a firearm
- Application of the gun safety rules
- Proper firearm handling skills.
For this portion of the class, we will provide:
- Firearm- a suppressed .22
- Ear Protection
- Eye protection
We recommend that you:
- Bring Sunscreen and bug spray
- Water and snacks
- Wear clothing suitable for Florida weather
- Don’t wear low-cut shirts
- Wear closed-toed shoes
At the end of the Florida concealed weapons class, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that you will submit with your application for your Florida Concealed Weapons Permit.
The Florida CCW class is approximately 2.5 hours long and the cost is $65 (range fees are included in the class fee). We accept payments in the form of Paypal, credit/debit, and cash. If you cancel less than 48 hours before the class date, you may transfer your date, but you will receive no refund.
Requirements to apply for a Florida Concealed Weapon License, and to take our Florida concealed carry class:
- U.S. citizen or legal resident alien
- Current U.S. resident
- A clear criminal record
- The ability to demonstrate Competency with a firearm
- 21 years of age or older (if you are under 21, you can still take the class and apply for your license when you reach the age of 21).
All of our firearms training, Florida CCW classes and gun safety classes are taught by NRA Certified instructors.
Our Classes are located in East Palatka, Florida. Preregistration is required.
If you would like to use your own firearm, sign up for a private class HERE.